Saturday, December 30, 2006

Save cash and save the planet?

Time for Green Mummy to start thinking about New Year resolutions - and I've settled on one that doesn't involve any hard work on my part!

I've decided to buy all books in future - for myself, L or for presents - from charity shops and charities, wherever possible. For extra 'green brownie' points, the Friends of the Earth Shop looks like the best bet - they sell their own publications (printed on 100% post consumer waste using vegetable inks) plus their recommended choices from other publishers. For children's fiction, I reckon Barefoot Books have some gorgeous looking titles too. Now, all I need to do is decide which of my old books to donate to the charity shop to make room on the shelves...

[Pic: Friends of the Earth)

4 comments:

Christi said...

Would you mind me adding you to my blogroll?

Stephanie Derby said...

We’re running an unbranded video campaign, highlighting the adverse effects of climate change on British wildlife, and would be interested in buying some advertising or advertorial space on your blog. Sorry- couldn’t see where to get in touch.

You can contact me at stephanie@unrulymedia.com

Crafty Green Poet said...

I only buy second hand books and now have converted my mother, sister and a couple of friends to the extent that they look forward to the gift wrapped second hand books they get from me. Gift wrapped in reused gift paper or hand decorated waste paper of course! With a handmade bookmark made from reused materials

Anonymous said...

Would be really interested in talking to you about taking over / buying this blog... please would you get in touch? Thanks!